What is the first thing you do when you create a WordPress website?
For me, the first thing I do is to set up WordPress over our dev server.
Then I install some basic required plugins like:
- Oxygen builder – For creating the website sections, and pages
- Stream – For tracking user login activities as we work in a team
- Wordfence – For some basic security and 2FA
- ACF – For custom fields if required
- CPT UI – For custom post types
- Contact Form 7 – For the forms used on the website
- ManageWP – For website off-site backup and management
….. and so on
Before this, we make sure we have the UI and prototype ready over Figma which makes the development process easier.
We also ensure that we have all the required images, and copy from the client so we don’t waste time on dummy images/text.
After we are done with the development and we get approval from the client we then go ahead with the performance optimisation.
This is the basic process we use and it changes depending on the website or client.